The Valley Players Playwright Award Rules
The following is a list of rules governing the contest. Any entry not conforming to the rules will be ineligible. Judgement of eligibility is at the sole discretion of the Valley Players.
1. Any Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine resident is eligible to submit one or more original, full length, non-musical plays for consideration, providing the play has not been produced on stage before and has not been previously published. Plays which have had workshop readings are eligible. Plays which have won an award or prize in any other playwriting contest are not eligible.
2. Plays must be suitable for production by a community theater group for a varied audience.
3. Playwrights must remain anonymous to the judges. Therefore the playwright’s name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
4. Manuscripts may be submitted electronically in an 8 1/2 x 11 standard manuscript form, or TWO (2) copies of the script in the same format may be submitted by postal mail. Copies that are mailed will not be returned unless accompanies by a self-addressed, stamped manuscript envelope.
5. All plays must be controlled exclusively by the playwright. By accepting the prize money, the playwright agrees to allow the Valley Players exclusive production rights free of charge until the close of their production or for one year, unless otherwise negotiated.The Valley Players are under no obligation to produce the winning play.
6. All entries must be postmarked no later than February 1. The winner will be announced to all entrants and judges’ critiques may be provided.
To receive an Application to Submit form by postal mail, please contact:
Valley Players Playwright Award
PO Box 441
Waitsfield, VT 05673
or call Sharon Kellermann 802-793-8362